RealFlight 9.5 Flight Simulator Combo with Spektrum DXS and WS2000
RealFlight® is the #1 RC flight simulator in the world! It's the absolute best tool new RC pilots can use when learning how to fly. It also makes it possible for experienced RC pilots to practice new maneuvers and to hone their skills so they can become even better pilots.
This exclusive, money-saving combo includes the best-selling RealFlight 9.5 software, a Spektrum™ WS2000 Wireless Simulator USB Dongle, and a Spektrum DXS Transmitter. This combination allows you to "fly" all of the aircraft in RF9.5 wirelessly through a USB port on a laptop or desktop PC using the DXS transmitter. Best of all, you can also use the DXS transmitter to fly a variety of Blade®, E-flite®, and HobbyZone® Bind-N-Fly (BNF) Basic aircraft from trainers to sport models and beyond!
With more than 170 different aircraft to fly — including airplanes, helicopters, drones and more — at over 40 different flying sites, plus the ability to edit aircraft and sites, there's an almost infinite number of flying options available in RF9.5. Add in game-like challenges that make flight training fun, multiplayer options so you can fly and compete with other pilots online, compatibility with VR headsets, and many, many more features, and you have everything you need to succeed at the field — because you can "fly" on a desktop at home, or on a laptop just about anywhere else!
RealFlight 9.5 adds more of the most popular aircraft from the Best Brands in RC, along with the AMA Headquarters' International Aeromodeling Center (IAC) Flying Site 3 and additional Virtual Flight Instructor lessons, to deliver an experience you simply can't find anywhere else.
For any RC flight enthusiast looking to strike the perfect balance between economy and innovative features, the 7-channel Spektrum DXS radio can be used with a variety of compatible Spektrum receivers installed in many Blade, HobbyZone and E-flite BNF (Bind-N-Fly) aircraft. It offers full-range control, secure DSMX® interference resistance, advanced telemetry capabilities, and proven transmitter ergonomics for fatigue-free flying. The simplified setup of the DXS also gets you into the air faster, with less time needed for preparation and programming. It also works perfectly with the Spektrum WS2000 wireless simulator USB dongle and the RealFlight 9.5 RC simulator!
You can use the WS2000 dongle to wirelessly connect your Spektrum DSMX / DSM2 radio to your PC. No additional hardware is required. Simply plug the dongle into the USB port of your computer, bind it to a compatible Spektrum radio and you are ready to go!
1. Press and hold the bind button while inserting the dongle into the USB port. The orange LED will flash repeatedly, indicating the dongle is in bind mode.
2. Follow the transmitter instructions to put the transmitter into bind mode. For the DXS, hold down the A/BIND button while turning the transmitter on and let go of the button when the orange “Spektrum bars” begin flashing.
3. The dongle LED will glow solid orange when the binding process is complete. The transmitter is now ready to use with the simulator!
4. Under the “Simulation” tab in RF9.5, choose “Select Controller…”
5. Select the “Spektrum Receiver (DXS)” profile from the list.
6. OPTIONAL: Click “Calibrate” and follow the onscreen instructions. After calibrating, click “Finish”.
NOTE: Because the DXS is a 7-channel transmitter and the WS2000 receives up to 8 channels it is normal to only calibrate 7 out of the 8 axes. Click “Yes” on the pop up to verify and save this calibration.
• Since the DXS is a 7-channel transmitter, use the keyboard to actuate “virtual channels” 8 and 9 in the simulator
• Press “O” on the keyboard to actuate channel 8 (e.g. this will turn smoke on and off for some glow/gas powered models or control other secondary features/functions on some airplanes)
• Press “J” on the keyboard to actuate channel 9 (e.g. this will turn throttle hold on and off for helicopters)
• Press the “Space” bar on the keyboard to reset the aircraft after a crash, during flight, etc.
• See the Install Guide for more info on keyboard mapping/shortcuts.